Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Holy Barfbags, Batman!!

Monday night we had pizza for dinner - my laziness/forgetfulness kicking in - I forgot to pull out something "good" from the freezer.  Tim picked up pizza, including the thin crust supreme requested & I was so excited, since I haven't had that in ages! Well, dinner was served, I waited the same amount as I always do before running, then set out on my mile & 1/2 route. O.M.G. - that was seriously the worst idea ever. I ran once before after pizza, and chalked up the agonizing torture to just starting my running routine. Not so much - I really think it was the pizza killing me slowly!
I started out (listening to a great Michael Jackson song on the MP3) & it felt like trying to run through water - my muscles just wouldn't feel good about running, my hands were swelling up from all the sodium in the pizza (I am assuming), and I was just gasping to breathe. I finally gave up on making it the whole way & had to walk after a mile, then I was running/walking the rest of the way because my body was rebelling.  At least I didn't hurl all over on the run, even though it probably would have made me feel better...
So pizza as we know it is off the menu for me. : / Sad... I like supreme pizza - all the stuff on it is my favorite- especially when it is all together! Clare gave me a recipe to make a lower-fat, healthier pizza... I think I'm going to have to try that to see how it is, because I LIKE pizza, even tho it hates me! : P

I weighed myself today & I'm down to 233.3. So THAT is sweet! Still working on it, obviously.  Only 7 lbs to go before I am at my pre-pregnancy weight before Ryan came along.  It's been 9 years since I've seen that weight!! I'm trying very hard to be patient... but I'm not a patient person.  However, yesterday was Makenzie's birthday (she is SIX!!! Wow!!) & I'm now well below my pre-pregnancy weight before Makenzie. :) So... life is good, when you take the time to realize it & give thanks!!

Yesterday was hotter than blazes outside, so I didn't run. I couldn't even bring myself to walk it yesterday! Heat & I don't work well together, especially since I have an extra layer of insulation... but tonite I will be running again. I hope it isn't too hot again, but after the storm went through last night, I think it cooled off at least a little. I guess even if I go slow, it's better than not going at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment