Sunday, May 13, 2012

Simply Succulent!

I'm in love all over again! I found a pic of a turtle on Pinterest (my other addiction) made of moss & succulent plants. Rumor has it he can "live" for upwards of 10 years if I take care of him & let him hibernate in my house over winter. This will NOT be an issue - I think he will be great to have around. <3






I ordered the metal form, then filled it with moss & wrapped it with copper wire (although I'm sure any wire will do - I just thought the copper might get that green patina as it aged so that I wouldn't notice it). Making holes in the moss & wire was a bit challenging, since each of the plants had a good size root ball... I'm hoping they live because he is so dang CUTE! It took about an hour & 1/2 or so. I may have to make another one sometime so he has a sibling!

The only thing I forgot was eyes - some little ones from Jo Anne craft store or something. Then he will be complete! I just need a name... I was thinking Spike, and that's the same one that a friend suggested too... I want to think it through before naming so I find "THE" perfect name.
<3 I love him... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment