Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Steppin' in it...

We collect antique lures, as mentioned in prior posts.  We also organize a Antique Lure Swap Meet in the WI Dells, and we have been at the same location for that show for the past 17 - 18 years...  This past couple of years have been headache after headache with the hotel, dealing with changing personnel, people not knowing what the heck is going on, having one event manager quitting the week before our show & not even telling the replacement people that there WAS a show or how to set up for it, and the list goes on... needless to say, we have looked for other places to host the show at, but no luck.  When a different hotel tells you that to rent the show space will cost $8000, it's just not feasable. It's ridiculous.

Last Friday, we found out through the grapevine, (not even from the hotel) that the hotel closed with no warning. Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? I am so mad.  All they have is a red screen on their website stating that people who have reservations have to contact THEM to get $$ back, they won't contact you. So now we have 120 people, or more, that were coming to the hotel & who may or may not get that money back because the hotel charged up-front.  I am praying they get their money back - if the hotel doesn't even have the option for people who have paid up front to actually STAY there, how can they keep your money? But hey, when you, as a hotel, get busted stealing electricity from the city, you know the $$ is gonna have to go to pay for that stolen electricity, right? I have a bad feeling this may not be resolved quickly.

Sorry for complaining, but all of this leaves us in scramble mode. Life wasn't busy enough, I guess! : P  My dad is trying to line up a hotel that will block 120 rooms & give us a decent price so that we can at least salvage room trading, where people sell out of their rooms & the rest walk around & buy lures.  Normally this happens the night or 2 nights before the show. Now there is no show, so will people still come? I have no idea. Yuck - what a mess. And right now, figuratively speaking, that mess is tracked across my living room floor, and through the house... it is all we can talk and worry about... and I just want it over with. I keep getting phone calls from members of our club, and rightfully so, but I have no answers yet. Hopefully, with the sunrise will come some information so I can at least tell them what is going on and what they can expect from this "show" that is no longer...

On a good note, I joined the YMCA & I absolutely LOVE going there. I mean, when you have a treadmill with CABLE TV right on it... how does exercising get any better?? :)  I swear if it was Shark Week or if Deadliest Catch marathon was on, I think I could stay on that machine & work out for HOURS.  Who knew cable tv was the motivation I have been seeking? :) I also went on the recumbent bike - that was weird, but it was great after I was all done with everything - I got off the bike & my legs felt like rubber. I'm guessing that was a good workout! Altogether I worked out for a solid 50 minutes. If I can do that consistently, surely there will be some positive changes in my body shape, size, & weight, right? Right??

Ahhh, life is good. Even just thinking about my workout is getting those endorphins working at making me happy... and right before bed too, so maybe I'll have some great dreams tonite. :) Love it. Thank you, YMCA. I love you... let's make this a long term relationship, okay? <3 Our first date rocked. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment