Saturday, September 18, 2010

Going For It!

Well, as previously mentioned, we joined the YMCA in town, and I love, love, love it! I have been there a LOT.  This week, I went Mon, Tues,Weds, Thurs (but I didn't work out - just met with my personal trainer to set things up), Fri, and today, so that makes 5 workout days this week. :)  Last week, I went everyday too. :) I am having so much fun!  I end up doing the "various" setting on the treadmill (the one with the TV attached!!) - it typically has good hill work - for 30 to 40 minutes.  I have it set at a steady 3 or 3.5 (whatever that means) for speed usually, but today, I did some intervals.  It wasn't for the whole time, but it certainly was for a while. I did one minute running at 4.5 - 5 for speed, 2 minutes walking at 3, even on the "hills". It made the time go pretty fast, that is for sure, and I burned 350 calories, plus 54 calories on the rowing machine. That is a pretty sweet workout for me! :)

I am really trying so hard to do this & make it a lifestyle change. I am making a real effort to eat better foods & avoid eating out - ESPECIALLY avoiding fast food. I think that stuff has things in it that are addictive for me - if I have it once, I crave it so badly it's insane, and that will last for a few days after I had it the first time - maybe until it is all out of my system? I really think it's the MSG that I have heard is in nearly all fast food... and if the burger joints know it's addictive, then I think that is pretty shitty that they put it in there. Just my humble, addicted opinion.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sarah, my personal trainer, on Thursday evening.  She seems to be extremely nice & also very motivated & knowledgable. I really like her! We will meet Tuesday for my first "kick ass" session (I'm sure it will be my ass getting kicked... but I'm ok with that.), and I can't wait!! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping we can do the Nautilus machines so I can add that into my work-outs.  Sarah also told me that she wants me to have Tim hide my scale. I'm kind of addicted to that too, I guess. I just like to know where I'm at with my weight... but I guess I'm gonna have him hide it anyway. She wants me to just learn my body & appreciate what I am doing for myself & work on my body image issue.  It's funny, 'cuz looking back, even when I was 133 lbs, I never really FELT thin... even when I could fit into a size 5. Is that just me, or is it societal pressures? Who knows, but either way, it has messed up my perception of my body shape & size. I try to see myself with "outside eyes", and it never works. The only time I ever thought I looked thin was Hallowe'en 1992 when I was dressed up as Madonna. I looked like Madonna (during the "Vogue" years) to myself & also to everyone at the party I was at. I knew I looked thin because Madonna was (is) thin & beautiful, but apparently it only lasted for that particular snowy (we got 24" overnight) night. :) Just some food for thought. I need to have a better vision of the person I am.

I think I'm gonna have Tim start taking a pic of me each weekend to see if I can notice any differences. I will probably post them here so you can see it too, if/when there are changes. :) I'll add it in when I get one taken - I have to find something I can wear each time so we can see if it is fitting differently. I hope the changes are noticable. I feel like I look a little more toned/leaner, but maybe my perceptions are off. I don't have a whole lot of confidence in my assessment of myself at this point. One of the guys at school, who is a dear friend, thought I had lost a bunch of weight over the summer & recent weeks though, so that was nice to hear. :) I hope I actually do soon!! I'm stuck at 232.8ish. And now I won't know for 6 - 8 weeks, since I don't have a SCALE!! : /  But when I keep doing what I'm doing at the Y, I'm bound to start really losing. I can't wait!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment